Upcoming 2015 SBC support and Events:
- April 11th: Kenmore Cup Sammamish Slough Races.
- Beach Blanket Bingo II: TBA 2015 Commodore's Event sometime in Early Spring 2015.
- June 28th thru July 4th: TNT Fireworks Stand
Kenmore Hydroplane Cup -- 2nd Annual
Saturday April 11th, 2015
State Highway 527 East or West to Kenmore. Wildlife Ramp on 68th, Log Boom Park entrance on 62nd, Squires Landing is at 175th and 73rd.
Course Info: On Lake Washington/Kenmore Air Harbor
- Vintage Course Approx 1 mile
- JH Course approx. 3/4 mile
- Sammamish Slough Course Approx 1 mile each way
Sammamish Slough entries can run 2 cylinder Hydro or Runabout, 4 cylinder Hydro or Runabout Only 1 boat will run at a time up river and back. They will be timed. All exhibitions on the water are from 12 noon to 4pm.
Seafair Boat Club will be doing waivers at multiple locations. Parks will be open 8am.
Boat Show at Log Boom Park 10am -4pm
Kenmore Cup -- Volunteers Needed! (April 11, 7:00 AM to 4:30 PM)
The Seafair Boat Club will be selling hot food & assisting with waivers at this year's Kenmore Cup. We'd love to see you there to help out & have a great time! Here's the basics:
- When: We need people from 7:00 AM to ~4:30 PM on Saturday, April 11.
- Where: We will be at the same locations as last year - Log Boom Park & the 68th Street Boat Launch (Kenmore).
- What: We will be helping with waivers, and selling food (same as last year, except we will only be cooking hot food at the Boat Launch).
- How: Let me know you'll be there by hitting reply to this message, or calling me (Chris Allen) at (206) 973-2568.
- Parking: Once I have information about this year's parking/shuttles, I will share it with everyone who's responded/called. :) firstname.lastname@example.org
THE COMMODORE'S CHALLENGE
For 40 years SBC has been supporting the Unlimited Hydros. Now it's time to groom the next generation for the sport.
I Challenge you, the members to raise funds for a scholarship to build a APBA Junior Class Hydroplane. The cost is around $900.00. The recipient, daughter, son, grandchild, nephew, niece or neighbor of the scholarship will be bebween 9 and 14 years old and will be selected by a committee based on their grades, atttude and social abilities. There will be a thermometer showing our progress through the year and if we raise more than our goal we may fund more than one.
We have one year to make this happen.
Why is going to be the biggest question we are going to hear. The building of a boat takes many skills. Math and science are the obvious ones but it goes much further than that. Social skills are developed, public speaking, trust, discipline are just some of the benefits of our sport. Wood working, painting, mechanical, engineering are some of the skills gained. This gives the youth something they can't get from a computer or X-box. Take a look at the playgrounds of today. Count the number of cell phones the kids are on. Let's give them something else to do. Building and racing a boat has them working with a mentor, parent, older brother/sister and gives them a true feeling of accomplishment. They will learn to succeed as well as have some failure. But they will learn and we will benefit
So there it is. A challenge. Send any donation to Commodore Myers or to David Dodge. Mark it as Hydro Fund. I would love to see in a couple of years a J-class heat race with our Seafair Boat Club burgee proudly displayed on every hull. Hey a Commodore can dream!
SEAFAIR BOAT CLUB 2014-15 Officers and Board Members.
SEAFAIR BOAT CLUB COOKBOOKS
There are 214 recipes and a great variety of choices. Support your club and do some early Christmas shopping. The cookbooks sell for $10.00 in person or $12.00 by snail-mail. Please contact either Sandy Apodaca at email@example.com or phone (206) 406-2433.